An Imagination Lab for Kids
An Innovation Lab for Adults
A Community Maker Space For All
Where STEAM [Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math] take you on an innovation journey.
Come on in and learn a new skill. Take on an innovation challenge. Let your hands lead you to new possibilities.
The Exploratory is a community maker space for families and adults located in Culver City. We are conveniently located one block east of the Jefferson Exit of the 405.
In our 2000 sq ft of space, we have:
- Computer lab with mac’s and PC’s
- A building zone - Marble Runs, loose materials,
- Textiles – Sewing, Felting, E-Textiles, Jewelry Making, Gift Making, Silk Screening, Wool, Knitting, Crochet
- Paper Circuits – Origami, Paper Crafts, Plastic Works
- Electronics – Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Motors, Circuitry, Micro-Processors etc.
- Wire, Clay, Ceramics, Stop Motion
- Wood Working
- Mold and Silicone
- 3D Printing
- Styrofoam cutter
- Laser Cutter/Engraver ( coming soon )
- Traditional Art Media
- Community Games
We have a library of projects that you can choose from or come with a project in mind.
We have monthly memberships that give you access to the Maker Space from Tues to Sun. Currently, our hours are 12-6pm. We will add more evening hours as requested.
We also have workshops and classes provided by the community so make sure to sign up for our mailing list.
MEMBERS ONLY ORIENTATIONS
Our Fellows and Volunteers are at the Maker Space at these hours to provide members, orientations to the equipment, tools and possibilities at each section.